This is an event you don't want to miss! A day of multiple and simultaneous crafting, raffle, photo booth and lots of fun meeting and making. This year's theme focuses on transforming old photographs into display-worthy works of art using a variety of craft supplies and creative techniques.
SAVE THE DATE!
Etsy Craft Party with the SD Craft Monsters
Friday, June 6th, 3:30 - 7:00 PM
Back From Tomboctou
3564 Adams Ave. San Diego
In keeping with this year's theme, I'll be teaching the Vintage Watch Photo Keepsake. I got all inspired with my dad's picture, especially since that's the only picture I have of him when he was young. In any case, this is a great way to pay homage to a love one, and at the same time, an easy & fun project recycling old vintage watches
Here's what you'll need:
- An old, vintage, non-working wrist watch. The ones with metal hardware are easier to add color to, but if a leather strap one is all you got, we'll make it work too.
- A Black & White headshot. Make sure to scan your photo and reduce it so that it will fit on the face of the watch. Bring a photo paper print with several small images just in case we ruin one or two images.
- Matchbox Nicho by Kathia of Krafty Comadres,
- Ballerina Picture Ornaments by Claudia of Sew Loka Handmade Artisan Collective,
- Wooden Spoon Pictures by Elizabeth & Jorge of Pina Art,
- BeesWax Picture by Haydee of Velapure Soy Candles,
- Butterfly Bottle Cap Pins by Maribel of Back From Tomboctou,
- Vintage Tile Picture by Sarah of Sarita Dawn Designs,
- Vintage Watch Keepsake Photo by Sol of Wink Artisans